Here are the instructions to create the basic shape:-
- Take 2 card blanks. One will be for the outside, and the other will form the internal pop-up aperture part.
- Take one of the card blanks and fold it in half to create a normal card. Then, fold the front in half again - and the back of the card in half again - so you end up with a "W" shape.
- Using an oval die, cut an aperture from the central fold line.
- If you want to matt and layer, then you will need to do that before you cut the aperture.
- Then you will need to matt and layer the inside of the normal card blank - in the crease - the bit that you will see through the aperture.
- Once you've done that, you will need to die cut a smaller oval and stamp it with a greeting and then attach it to the top of the aperture using thread or twine.
- Take some strong red tape, and stick the "W" shape card inside the card blank - as shown in the above photo.
- Now you can decorate the front of your card.