Blog Archive

Sunday 29 January 2017

Deco Fold Card

I made these cards a week or so ago, but have only just got round to putting it on my blog!! I'm not sure what the proper name is for this fold, but I am calling it the Deco Fold - as someone commented that it looked quite Art Deco!





It's a very simple card to make!
Here are the instructions:-

1) Take a 6x6" card blank, and turn it round so the fold is at the top - like a tent card.
2) Measure one and a half inches down the right hand side from the fold and mark.
3) Mark on the left hand side the same (i.e. one and a half inches down from the fold).
4) Make a mark halfway along the bottom edge (i.e. at 3")
5) Score from the top right hand corner down to the bottom centre mark.
6) Score from the top left hand corner down to the bottom centre mark.
7) Score from the 1 1/2" mark on the RHS down to the bottom centre mark.
8) Score from the 1 1/2" mark on the LHS down to the bottom centre mark.
Your card should now look like this (you might have to look closely to see where my dashed score lines are on the picture!):-


9) Fold the two outside score lines with a valley fold, and the two middle score lines as a mountain fold so it looks like this:-







10) Now, apply double sided tape to the inside of the creases to stick the folds back so your card looks like this:-



 11) Now it's time to decorate your card and add backing papers, etc!!


6 comments:

  1. Hello, I have come over from the DC website to visit. I love the shape of this card, and thank you for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for popping by! Glad you like the card - and look forward to seeing your deco fold card in the DC gallery!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh my giddy aunt. I took one look at this and thought 'yeah it's easy if you've been making cards like forever lol' however after reading all your instructions it became clear to me that I could do this (even as a newbie) Thankyou so much for such clear and easy instructions. See you over on Trimcraft 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I'm really glad that you like the fold! It is an easy fold to do - I'm actually doing it tomorrow with my craft class - who are a mix of all abilities! It looks a lot harder than it actually is! I look forward to seeing your deco fold card in the Trimcraft gallery!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Can you tell us where the paper and mandala image came from in the turquoise and purple card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The mandala image was from the Kraft Keepsake Simply Creative paper pad. The turq & purple card was from the First Edition Storyteller paper pad. They're both gorgeous pads!

      Delete