Today I made an Easter Gift Basket using the new First Edition Pretty Posy papers! They're gorgeous papers - so pretty!
- 12"x12" double sided cardstock
- Six strips of double sided card measuring 1"x11"
- One strip of double sided card measuring 1"x12"
- Take the 12x12 piece of cardstock and score at 3/4", 4", 8", 11 1/4"
- Rotate the card 90 degrees and score again at those measurements
- Repeat on the remaining 2 sides.
- Cutting on the score lines, cutaway the corner rectangles. Cut in on the vertical score lines to where the score lines cross. Trim the tabs on a slight angle - so you end up with this:-
- Apply adhesive to the flaps.
- Fold on the score lines and assemble into a box. Bend the top flaps down.
- Cut six strips of double sided paper, 1” X 11”. Make a score line 3-1/2” from each end. Apply adhesive to the center of three strips and adhere to the bottom of the box, spacing them evenly. Adhere the remaining three strips perpendicular to the first three as shown.
- Apply adhesive to the top of each strip and adhere them just below the score line under the top flap. Repeat on all sides. I made a slit in the top edge and inserted the handle strip (1"x12") and stuck it down before I stuck the base strips down at this point. But you can add the handle later on, and just stick the ends of the handle inside the box.
- Apply adhesive to the underside of the top flaps and secure. Cut a 1 1/2” X 12” piece of double-sided paper for the handle and attach to the inside of the basket. Decorate as desired to complete the project.