It's really easy to make but I would advise using 200gsm papers - as I don't think anything less than that would be sturdy enough.
You will need:-
- 3 1/2" x 12" piece of double sided paper
- 2 1/2" x 5 1/4" piece of double sided paper
- Two strips that are 3/8" x 6" each of double sided paper
- Three strips that are 1/2" x 12" each of double sided paper
- Put strong "red" tape along the bottom inside edge and right inside edge of the 3 1/2" x 12" piece of cardstock.
- Take the 2 1/2" x 5 1/4" piece of card and score at 1" from left hand side on all four sides.
- Fold along these lines.
- Cut along short scorelines to form 4 tabs.
- Stick the tabs to the outside of the sides to form a shallow tray.
- On the 3 1/2" x 12" card, stick one of the 1/2" x 12" strips onto the outside top edge
- Then carefully stick the 3 1/2" x 12" piece of card around the outside of the tray box - making sure you don't crease the top of the card.
- Stick another 1/2" x 12" strip around the outside bottom edge to hide the join.
- Using brads, secure the two 3/8" x 6" strips onto the top edge to form handles.
- Stick the remaining 1/2" x 12" strip inside the top edge to hide the brads and handle ends.
- Embellish as desired! I used the Santoro Willow Flower die to cut out some chiffon flowers, and then placed them behind one of the heart shaped Dovecraft Floral Muse Accordian stickers. I then stamped a piece of card using the Dovecraft Floral Muse sentiment stamps, and cut around it, and stuck it under the accordian sticker - just peeking out of the side.